Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Nana passes

Tonight Nana passed away at 6:01 PM. We were able to be there for her final minutes. Matt took off early from work (thank you!) and we picked up some extra clothes for mom and headed down to Los Lunas. We arrived around 5:30, and said our farewells. At 5:59, Nana got a tear in her eye, opened her eyes and took her last breath. It was very peaceful and very sad. Nana was only 12 days away from her 100th birthday! I will miss Nana Concha, for she was without a doubt the most spiritual person I ever met.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I am glad you were there with her when she died, and I am glad that you were there for Mom. See you guys soon... when I know what in the world I am doing.

Cannon Clan said...

emily i am glad you were there with her what a special moment. she sounds like she was a wonderful person. enjoy your weekend with all of your family. god bless.