Monday, January 12, 2009

Biker Chick


We recently got a tricycle for Olivia. She is such a physical kid we decided she needed a constructive way to use her energy. This trike is one of the smallest and safest, and it can hold 200lbs! Anyway, it came on Saturday, and I hadn't even finished putting it together and there was Olivia trying to climb on. The greatest thing about this trike is the parent handlebar, especially 'cause she is still too short to reach the pedals. We took it out for a test drive almost immediately. There was a permanent grin on her face. I think Olivia feels empowered while riding her trike.


Only minutes after construction.

Poor Olivia, we got her all ready to go and she sits and waits. (yes we know she looks like a special kid, but it was really cold outside, and living in Los Alamos, safety first...)

Waving hello; she is really good at saying "Hi" now.


The Perma-grin I was referring too.

3 comments:

Terri said...

That's awesome! And yes she does look special... I think she has enough padding without the helmet to sustain a 1 foot fall :)

Grandma Lil said...

Did you "special" cause she is special or "special needs". Please clarify!! That grin is priceless

Emily said...

I meant special needs!