Friday, February 27, 2009

A Typical DC Visit

Matt in front of the Capitol Building
The next morning we ate breakfast there and met with some of our congressmen.

Matt and I in front of the White House. You cannot get close at all! And we saw lots of snipers on the roof. A nice Italian couple took this picture of us, but when I used his very expensive SLR camera, I think he was worried I'd drop it.

Matt in front of the National Archives. We did see both the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Did you know that Gov. Morris who wrote the preamble to the Constitution, was missing a leg? He got run over by a carriage when he was caught cheating on his wife.


Me standing next to Lincoln..

Matt standing in front of Jefferson.
We had a nice time walking around the entire Mall on two seperate days.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Who knew that the founding fathers were so tall?

Emily said...

That is exactly what I was thinking!