Saturday, April 19, 2008

My girls are growing up too fast

This post is mostly for Terri, but remember when we were little girls and we would watch Grease 2 and dance and sing and dress up. Well, Sophie is totally into musicals. After the garage sale, Matt went to deliver our old couches :) and while he was gone, I asked Sophie if she wanted to watch Grease. Long story short, Matt hates musicals while we girls love them. She was dancing and singing and shaking her hips and it just reminded me of bubblegum cigarettes and sunglasses. It's fun seeing her have crushes on the boys, Sophie prefers Johnny over Michael, (I'm a Michael girl myself) and gets shy when anyone kisses. Just crazy 'cause it seems like yesterday we were wearing a gold slip to be Stephanie.

4 comments:

Terri said...

When they say "we're gonna Score tonight" they are totally talking about bowling!
You always got to be Stephanie, and I had to be Paulette or Rondah (Poor Olivia, she will suffer the same fate!) Looks like she'll end up with Lewis too! Oohh Lewis!

Grandma Lil said...

And all this time I didn't think that you knew what "score" meant. Em, do you remember when you introduced said movie to Christina Millard. Her mother had a talk with me about it and I told her "they don't understand any of the innuendos yet". Was I wrong?

Emily said...

we totally had no idea what the innuendos were. Reproduction was about the flowers. Scoreing was about bowling...it was so innocent.

Mattamorphasis said...

I think we should err on the side of caution and not watch musicals in general.