Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Can't Sleep

Why oh why can't women sleep? I was happily in bed by 9:30 tonight. And it is now 12:40, and I am wide awake. I finally got up so that I didn't wake Matt up. Maybe I'll bake something. I should go for a run, that way I don't have to when I wake up tomorrow morning. Nah, I'll just online window shop.
The sad thing is, I walk around in a daze most of the time, totally sleep deprived, bags under my eyes and all. Many women that I know, (moms especially) don't sleep well. Most of the women in my family have this problem, is it genetic or hormonal?

I wish I could sleep.

Ugh...does warm milk work?

2 comments:

Terri said...

Um, well I woke up at 4:00am for no apprent reason... I can't go back to sleep and I really want to! Internet time for me. And why now do I thik... Hmmm I need to call her about _____ and this person about _____. I am sure I'll forget at a resionable hour

Maria said...

I thought about this post a couple of nights later after I had read it. It was the middle of the night and I was awake as well. I hope it helps to know we all go through it as mothers. My theory is...I think we are given an extra set of cylinders to burn on as mothers, otherwise we would not be able to survive all this. I can only imagine how much more complex it gets with more children.