Monday, April 21, 2008

My girls are awesome




So I just put everyone to bed and I have to say, my girls are awesome.

This is what bedtime looks like at our house:


  • Naked time for Olivia,

  • Shower for Sophie, she takes care of all this by herself, so grown-up.

  • Bath for Olivia (she still bathes in the Kitchen sink!)

  • Massage and lotion for Olivia

  • Sophie brushes teeth, while Olivia's gums get rubbed (teething....YUCK)

  • Stories (Sophie is reading Harry Potter and the Sorecer's Stone with me, A pony story for herself, and Barbies Magic of the Rainbow with Daddy ...so glad that was not me hehe) (Olivia was read What's wrong little Pooky and 10 Little Ladybugs)

  • Hugs and Kisses

  • Lights out.

And not a peep. True quite in the house by 8:15. Amazing. Both girls have always been great at bedtime. We are so lucky because we have never had to do the bedtime arguments and such. I love my girls.

FYI the picture of Olivia is old. During the winter her little hands would get sooooo cold at night, but she was to old to be swaddled anymore, hence the socks. The picture of Sophie was a "trick" she played on us. She slept on top of her pillows and thought it was hilarious. She is fast asleep in this picture.

3 comments:

Grandma Lil said...

Oh, I love those girls, too. they really are so good. even during the day.

Terri said...

With the exeption of Jason as a baby, my kids go to bed so easy too. Now and again I hear giggles coming from their room, and I let it happen... I figure that they need a little silly time together to be brothers.

Cannon Clan said...

yeah! just found your blog by the comment you left! you have the cutest girls, so glad to be a permanent part in their lives. next time you make cookies we are all there :)