Monday, April 28, 2008

Too Much.


Does anyone else feel like they do too much? It seems like everything lately is half effort. Some days (like today when I hardly saw my girls) I feel like the worst mom because I don't spend enough time with my kids. I am so fortunate to have Grandma watch them, but no matter what, it is still not me watching them. I have to work, I should workout, and I have this deep horrible guilt the entire time I'm gone. And then to make it all worse I do something stupid like volunteer to bring Scottish Shortbread to a retirement lunch tomorrow. It is not hard to make, just time consuming. At least I got my beans soaking overnight so I only have to make veggies and tortillas for dinner tomorrow....I just wish that there was more time in the day to spend with my girls, and my husband too. If you are in the know then you'll know what I mean when I say "I feel thin, like butter spread over too much bread." Sorry if the quote is off.


Anyway, I'm not complaining, just venting to a computer while my last batch of shortbread bakes. I'll add some smiles of my family just cause I think they are so cute.

4 comments:

Terri said...

I know what you mean and I don't even work! There is always something more important to do, or I could do things sp much better. So my solutions is to not do anything at all and blog :)

Grandma Lil said...

I remember the guilt too, but don't let it get the best of you cause really you are doing an amzing job raising your girls. Just enjoy the times that you do have and remember that they're only babies for a little while so enjoy them now...the floors can wait till later.

Grandma Lil said...

Love the picture of my favorite girls.

Cannon Clan said...

so is the life of a women!