Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Butterfly viewing




Sophie was playing in Grandma Lil's garden today and found a butterfly. In Kindergarten Sophie's class observed a metamorphosis (not Mattamorphasis) from cocoon to Monarch. Sophie saw a Fluted Swallowtails, and as a budding scientist, she observed this as well and almost touched it. Grandma snapped a few photos of this little experiment and then a beauty shot. Let's face it; it's hard not to get beauty shots of her.


Disclosure: No insects were harmed in the execution of this experiment.

4 comments:

Terri said...

I am glad to hear that she likes insects, and maybe perhaps spider? Girls that like bugs are supercool!
BTW: Grandma's garden looks great! If I was a butterfly that's where I would be!

Cannon Clan said...

she is so cute! she comes to say hi every morning after swim lessons, you have raised a keeper!

Mattamorphasis said...

I appreciate the nod. It's probably better that she doesn't observe any type of mattamorphasis anyway :)

Maria said...

Beautiful is right, so innocent and curious. Kudos to Grandma Lil on her photography and beautiful yard.