Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our trip to the Zoo

This weekend Matt had a Credit Union conference in ABQ. We got to piggyback his hotel and stay at the Embassy Suites in ABQ, and I must say, it was wonderful. We normally use the Marriott Residence Inns whenever we travel, but after that experience we are switching. Sophie kept calling it a "jungle" inside. Not only was it beautiful, but everyone was so courteous.
The rooms were suites, Sophie slept on the pull out sofa, and they had a miniature, but real crib for Olivia. I never appreiciated what a great traveler Sophie was until this weekend. Let me put it this way, at night Olivia was either crying or nursing, and during the day she was either sleeping, eating or fussing. Thank you Sophie for being such an easy baby, and a great vacation taker!


On Friday, Sophie, Olivia and I went to the Rio Grande Zoo while Matt was in classes. We had a great time. Sophie's favorite part was the seals/sea lions, We visited them three times! Olivia really didn't care about any of it yet, but she had a great stroller ride( aka...nap.) We also enjoyed all the big cats, and Sophie even made friends with a peacock.


That evening we went out to Scalo Northern Italian Grill on Central. Anyone who knows me, knows I love Italian food, but it is a terrible problem for me because I am allergic to Onions. Anyway, I was asking the waitress to find if there were any items on the menu w/o onions, if not I'd just order a salad sans salad dressing. She came back to tell me that the Chef would make any of the pasta sauces w/o onions! I was in Heaven. Not only did I get to enjoy some yummy spinach linguine with a tomato sauce, roasted pine nuts, and sun roasted tomatoes, I did not get sick. Not once little belly pain, or swollen throat/tongue. Woo Hoo. I am going back there as often as I can.

3 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Did you find pants? I am glad you had a chef that made you special pasta, that's great. Did you bring that pecock home with you, it would look great in your backyard.

Emily said...

No, I didn't have time to shop for myself. And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't smuggle the peacock out of the zoo, I only had the little stroller.

Grandma Lil said...

Looked like fun times with the girls.